Yes after a few weeks of maybes, and perhapses (?) it looks like I’ll be going to Mexico. This makes me excited because it will be
- My first trip to Mexico.
- My first trip to a Spanish speaking country (even though I don’t know Spanish).
- My first vacation with extended family to another country.
- My first resort/beach holiday (Los Angeles in December doesn’t count).
- The furthest I will have traveled for a wedding.
- The furthest south I have been in the world (previous record was Los Angeles) and…
- The first vacation I’ll get to do homework on.
What? Yes due to a schooling schedule I’ll be enrolled in an online school course during my trip. Normally I’d try to avoid doing any sort of homework on a vacation, but this is a required course, and this was the only time I could fit it in my schedule. I’m going to try and get as much done ahead of time as possible, and make use of downtime in airport lounges….yay for school.
Really though yay for Mexico. Despite my father’s reservations and judgements I’m determined to have a good time on this vacation. For most people that would translate to being drunk all day and night. I’m going to try to not get too crazy. Although worse comes to worse I’ll be like thousands of other college students writing papers
In other travel news I probably won’t be going to New Orleans in February. I need to save money for Mexico. Instead I’ll stay home and try to get more shifts at work. I am considering the possibility of going to New Orleans before TBEX in June. This all depends on money and work. What can I say – I’m a practical dreamer.